Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Mesa Arizona


As many of you know I was in Mesa this last weekend to check out the police department about getting a job. I went down on Thursday night and stayed with Nik and Anissa Rasheta. Nik is Noah's twin brother in case you didn't know that. That night we just spent the night talking and I asked a bunch of questions about being a police officer. Friday morning Nik and I went to the police station and he gave me a tour. I also was able to talk to a recruiting officer. She told me it's a good time to be applying. The city needs to hire 100 new officers this year so she said as long as I'm not a dough head, things look good for me. Good news. That night we picked Noah up at the airport and spent the rest of the night at home. Saturday we went and played sand volleyball for Anissa's birthday. It was a lot of fun. Afterwards we went to Anissa's sisters house and jumped in her pool. Nik and I changed there and went to the station for Nik's shift. I did a ride along with him for his entire shift, 3 pm to 1 am, that night. It was a lot of fun. It was a busy night and we kept getting call after call. We didn't really get to do anything too crazy though. We did bust a girl for possession of cocaine though. All in all it was a good night for me and it pretty much just sealed the deal for me. I'll probably go down around August/Sept to go through the testing and application process. Then I'll hopefully start the academy down there in March. I could start the academy as early as Dec. but for Celeste's sake we'll hope that I can start a few months later. In the end it was a lot of fun. I loved the city and the area down there and think it's the perfect place to live for Celeste and I. Big thanks to Nik and Anissa for letting me come and stay with them and for taking care of me for the weekend.

8 comments:

Shantelle said...

As excited as I am for you, it is sad to think that you guys would not be here. It's neat to see you so excited about it though, and we hope it works out how you've planned. -Shantelle

Giselle Rasheta said...

Nate, we really enjoyed having you here. I'm glad you got to go on the ride along and that you enjoyed it. Hopefully everything works out for you and you'll get to move down and start your career! I'll see you guys this weekend!
-Noah

Rasheta Family said...

I was happy to have you around. You are welcome and it was our pleasure. Anytime. Next time bring Celeste. We will play Volleyball again! I really hope you get the job. Keep up the running to be ready! --Anissa

Rasheta Family said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it Nate... the next day (Sunday) I got to arrest a real jerk that resisted just enough to get slammed to the ground. On Tuesday we had a foot pursuit with the helicopter telling us where to search and find the suspect... so hopefully next time we can get into a bit more fun. Let me know as the time gets closer if there is anything I can do to help in your testing preparation. See you guys later! It was great having you here. - Nik

Cydnee Gee said...

go for it!! i say do what makes you happy.

*kAy*:) said...

I am soooo sad if yall decide to do this. I ♥ both of yall so very much.I am exited to have wonderful Celeste be our president in Young Women's. So plz don't move soon. I ♥ seeing yall around.

Reagan and Mike said...

how fun for you guys! keep us updated for sure on whether you move or not and thanks again for inviting me to lunch! that was so fun!

The V-Rod's said...

I am a cousin of Brian and Nicole Hill. I live in Mesa, AZ. My best friend is a police officer. What area are you going to join?
Kat