Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Hiking with Dodger




About a week ago before the cold weather came I took Dodger with me up to the foothills in PG and we did a little hiking. We hiked up Grove Creek canyon one day and then up Battle Creek canyon on another day. It was actually a lot of fun. I forgot how much I really love the mountains. Dodger had a great time being able to run free and not be confined to a leash. He did really good about not running to far and staying with me most of the time. There was only once when he got away from me and I thought he was gone. When we went up Battle Creek we hiked to the top of "G" mountain. There were deer all over the place but they were far enough away that they didn't tempt Dodger. Once we got to the top we came around a corner and surprised about 10 deer. They took of running and Dodger followed. I tried to keep up but there was no way. No sign of the deer or dodger. I walked in the direction they ran for about 10 minutes calling Dodger until I finally heard his tags ringing and he finally came back. All in all it was a lot of fun and we plan on doing a lot more hiking this summer.

1 comment:

*kAy*:) said...

gosh dodger is getting sooo big. I ♥ that dog. ♥ ya Dodger.