Sunday, June 21, 2009

So close and yet so far!


Well here I am at 37 weeks!!! I can't believe I am so close, but at the same time it feels like it is taking forever for her to come. I don't really like to complain, but I am 100% done with being pregnant. I am very very uncomfortable all the time and my feet and ankles are just a joke. They are so swollen that Nate and I laugh about them all the time. I was thinking that I would put a picture up, but I don't think that my ego can handle it right now. I did have a doctors appointment last tuesday. My doctor said that nothing has happened and I'm not dialated. I was somewhat dissapointed since everyone at work has been telling my that everyone they know goes 4 weeks early! So I have another appointment on Tuesday and I am just trying not to expect anything.

We have been doing some projects to get everything ready for little Sadie. One project is that I have been putting together some baskets that are going to go on a baker's shelf in Sadie's room. I'm not sure if we know exactly what is going in them, but at least I think they turned out so so cute! Here is a before and after of the baskets. I found the baskets for $2.50 each, and the material was $2.00 a yard and the ribbon (which is pratically our bedding, Thanks Walmart!) was $4.00 for 10 yards. I am all about inexpensive projects. :)















Another project that we have been working on is getting another bed so that when people come and stay they will have a bed. We were looking into all of our options and finally came up with a solution. (Side note- My husband is the best and you will understand why in a minute) We purchased a KING sized bed!!! I had been asking for a King size bed for a couple of months since I am so uncomfortable when I sleep and Dodger sleeps in the middle of Nate and I. Even though he is a little guy (dodger), he will sometimes push you around. King sized beds are really really expensive, but we were lucky enough to find one at Sleep America that was on sale and extremely nice. Well, before we left the store, we had purchased it and the bed was scheduled to be delivered two days after that! So now, we have an amazing king sized bed that gives us both so much room. And now when people come to visit (that is an invitation to all ) they will have a really really nice bed to stay on. And of course, I made Nate get a cute comforter set for the both beds. :) (See I told you he was the best)










The rest of this post is going to be a shout out to Nate. It is Father's day and he is going to be a father soon enough. I can't tell you how excited he is to be a father. He has been so supportive through the entire pregnancy, even when I wake him up at 2:00 am with leg cramps. Or 3:30 am becasue I had a nightmare. He will go to Walmart to get milk and come back with 4 new outfits for Sadie. And Yes, they match and are so cute! Not only is he excited for Sadie, but he continues to provide for our family. He has an amazing work ethic and does what needs to be done even though it may not be what is most enjoyable. He is working hard to get on the police academy and is not giving up on his dream. He knows what he wants to do and is not afraid to fight for it. I am so lucky to have him in my life! I am so excited to be able to spend my whole life with him. I could not imagine my life without him. We have such a good time together and he always makes me laugh. Nate I love you so much and I know that Sadie is the luckiest little girl ever!



10 comments:

Giselle Rasheta said...

I love the baskets! They look even better than I imagined. Slim Sadie will love them...

And your bed rocks. If I didn't cuddle with my husband when we sleep, I'd be a little more jealous. But I'm happy for you since you guys need the space.

And yes, Nate is awesome. I always knew he was a nice guy but I really feel like we became such good friends when he lived with us last summer. He WILL get on a police force - right now everything just sucks for hiring, but that's not just police. He is ideal for it and has a huge passion for it. You guys can make it happen!!!!

I love you both. Stick in there - you're almost there. I'll keep praying that you go early, but I think it was a bad idea to get your hopes up. Do what I did - just plan for 4 days after your due date when Dr. Tutt will induce you, and if she comes earlier than that then it will be a great surprise!

The Fishers said...

Giselle,
Such good advise!! I hope that I can be strong enough to follow the part about the baby. Thanks for your's and Noah's friendship. You will never know how much you mean to us. We love ya!

Holly and Matthew said...

Girl! :) You look great and you have been doing an amazing job at getting things ready! YAHOOO!!! :) I am so excited for you. ;) AMEN to the King size bed. I am beginning to think that way as well. ;) haha ;) It must seem so far away, but you are almost there. :) Hang in there girl. We are cheering for you. :) Love ya :):)

Shelby Winterton said...

3 weeks left to go does seem like forever. But, here is my advice. When you go in next week, ask your doctor if you are any dialated, if you are any, they might be able to strip your membranes. It hurts like heck but I had Owen within 24 hours. It was worth it.

I wish I could have a big nice bed. My mom has a California king bed at their house and whenever we stay the night, Terrell and I sleep so well.

Hang in there!!!

Rachelle said...

good job on upgrading to the king size bed. Sean and I bought a king size when we moved to Texas and we love it (and we are big cuddlers)!

Love your bedspreads!!! Looks really cute and really you!

Shantelle said...

Lookin' good! Love the new bed. Great idea with the baskets. They turned out really cute. Your letters should be there soon!

Khayyam said...

You really have made a cute home. Hang in there. I think Giselle has some great advice. My wife has her babys right after her due date no matter what she tries to do to speed things up. And you are very lucky to have such a wonder and supportive husband. And with you love and support he'll definitely make the police force. Don't let him give up, no matter what.

OnlineGuy said...

Oh Celeste you look great- you may not feel like it, but you are one beautiful momma! We are excited to see pics of sweet Sadie. I went 4 days over-due and I had a lot of people give me suggestions on what to do to go early, but the only one I really loved was to just get lots of rest before the baby comes. I hope you can relax a little, you are going to be such great parents- and p.s. the baskets are SO cute- great idea!

Unknown said...

From Mom and Dad Brewer:

Celeste and Nate and Sadie, We are so excited for you. This is a very special time of your lives, there is nothing like having a new baby enter your home and heart.

King size beds are the best (with or without dogs)

Nate, we really are proud of you and how hard you work and how well you take care of Celeste. We pray for your job nightly, and will support you in any way we can.

Celeste, hang in there, the end is in sight. Do sleep as much as possible, you will need it!

Sadie, Grandma can't wait to see you!

Melissa Fisher said...

Not too much longer!! I hated the swollen feet. Mine looked like bricks and so uncomfortable. YUCK!! The'll go away after you have the baby.
You enjoy the King bed.. cuz after the baby comes, "4 in the bed and the little one said, roll over, roll over, and they all rolled over and one fell out." :>)